[wisb] Lost Creek, Portage County Nelson's Sparrow

  • From: janzg@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "wisbirdn: freelists.org" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:29:38 -0400 (EDT)

It took a little persistence, but I located one of the Nelson's Sparrows
reported by Joe and Rob yesterday at Lost Creek Wetlands.  The bird
presented itself on the east side of the access road between the second
and third ponds around 8:30 this morning.  It perched in low willows
almost too close for my old Swaro's to bring it into focus!  Nice find
Joe, thanks.

Gerry Janz
Stevens Point, Portage County