[wisb] Long-tailed Ducks Sheboygan 11/29/15. Some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 18:49:16 -0600

Hi all,
I hit a few spots along Lake Michigan this morning north of Milwaukee in
hopes that some of the nice birds reported from the north have come south.
Nothing rare to report, but I did see the 2 Long-tailed Ducks that Nancy
reported yesterday and they are always a treat. Thank you Nancy! The two
female Long-tailed Ducks were hanging out around the marina area, once in
awhile with some mallards too. They did a lot of preening during the time I
was there which was short lived as a few fishermen kept making a lots of
noise, the Long-tailed Ducks moved out some. I only saw one duck dive once.
It was a very cold morning with a light breeze out of the north, some sun.

Some images of the Long-tailed Ducks from today at the link below if you
care to view them:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/long-tailed-ducks-at-sheboygan-wisconsin-on-november-29-2015/

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber