[wisb] Lark Bunting- No; OS Flycatcher- yes, WE energy spot MKE Co.

  • From: Julie Garvin <jcgarvin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:55:29 -0500

My husband and I checked out the WE energies area this evening after 6 pm,
where many have seen the Lark Bunting. We saw a few other birders, plus lots
of bobolinks singing and displaying, Eastern Meadowlarks, a single
DICKCISSEL singing, and SAVANNAH SPARROWS galore.  No lark bunting, although
I could have sworn I heard a few snippets of song two different times. We're
fairly positive we spotted the OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER in some snaggy trees
along a wooded path to the north of the main trail coming from Koenig. Got
it in the scope and it had all the classic markings. Some pics through the
scope can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48021791@N02/sets/72157624205930240/  The
coloring is off for most of the photos, but you can see the orange of the
lower bill just next to the chin, and in one you can see where the dark vest
divides. No prominent wingbars, slight crest.

Happy birding,

Julie Garvin

Bayview, Milwaukee Co.