[wisb] Lakefront Milwaukee today, Swan species seen, poor image

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:05:21 -0600

Greetings,
I trip to Milwaukee's Lakefront late this morning produced only common
species. I went to SS Marina, Express, LSP, M Marina, North Point, NO
Snowy's, Purple Sandpipers or even a Harlequin. A large algae mat was
located just north the concession stand at Bradford Beach but no sign of a
Purple Sandpiper. I did get a quick view of what could have been 3
Trumpeter Swans flying straight north along the shore at North Point. The
image is the worst in the world but it is all I could get out my back
window of my car on the fly as three flew at a high speed, up high about a
block away from me. If anyone could confirm ID on this image that it is a
Trumpeter I would appreciate it, I think Trumpeter because they were flying
quite fast. The only ice I could find was at Lakeshore State Park and
McKinley Marina.

Thanks,

Image link:

*https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/MKELakefront1142012Swan*