[wisb] JaegerFest Yesterday & Today

  • From: "Daryl Christensen" <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:49:07 -0500

I just returned from JaegerFest in Superior. Yesterday was slow, BUT warblers
and sparrows began to show up around midday. By the time the usual suspects
assembled at Grizzly's for supper,  we had 18 warbler species.  Today, at least
two Harris Sparrows were very cooperative as were many species of warblers.
Three Parasitic Jaegers entertained the 75 or so people most of the day. Ducks
began to arrive today as well. I'm sure the next 2 days will be filled with
rarities, since I am back in Marquette County to help lead a group hike in the
Fox River National Wildlife Refuge south of Montello.
-Daryl Christensen
Marquette co.