[wisb] Iowa County Eurasian Collared Dove

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:14:42 -0600

Hey folks,
Not exactly a "rarity" like the ones that have been turning up lately,
but something worth mentioning.
In the small town of Edmund (about 6 miles East of Dodgeville) my wife
and I observed our first Iowa county Eurasian Collared-Dove. We have
seen these birds in Patch Grove and Montfort while heading West on
highway 18, but this is the western most point we have seen these
birds on this particular highway. Now I'll get back out there and try
to find a real rarity.

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien