[wisb] Re: Injured Great Horned Owl

  • From: Andrea Szymczak <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kathijr777@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 21:47:48 -0600

General information:
If you need to get help for an injured wild animal, bird or reptile the WI
DNR website maintains a listing of certified wildlife rehabbers by county:
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/directory.html

Andrea Szymczak
Waukesha, WI
On Nov 6, 2015 12:09 AM, "Kathi Johnson Rock" <kathijr777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We saw several injured owls being rehabilitated at this facility when we
toured it a few years ago. The staff there is very dedicated. I'm sure
they will help. Good luck with this and please keep us posted.
Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Dane County

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Dawn <iciegolden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Four Lakes is great in helping out injured birds.

Dawn
sun Prairie

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 5, 2015, at 10:39 PM, Mikal Drye <mikal.drye@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would call Four Lakes Wildlife Center in Dane County at 608-838-0413
,
ext. 151. You can leave a message on the machine, and they will call
you
tomorrow morning about helping the owl. They should be in by 9AM
tomorrow
morning.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Samuel J. Krerowicz <
krerowiczs01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is currently a great horned owl outside my window with an
injured
wing. It can still fly, but I doubt it can fly very far. Are there any
suggestions as to what I can do for it, or if it is even worth trying
to do
anything for it?

Sam Krerowicz

Madison, WI

Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County
Zone 4/5
e-mail: kathijr@xxxxxxxxx
website: www.hummingbirdgardening.net
telephone: (608) 233-7397

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)