[wisb] Inca Dove-yes,Ozaukee County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:09:48 -0500

Cynthia Bridge, Steve Thiessen, Nolan Pope, Chuck Heikkinen,Roger Sundell,
and Dave Frerik were all there looking. No way I could miss that one!
Cynthia located it in a deciduous tree after Chuck had flushed it from the
grasses near the new environmental building that Mark described. It soon
flew back

to the stones bordering the weedy grasses in front of the building giving
everyone great views. When it is in the weedy grasses it is hard to see, but
before I

left, Cynthia's sharp eyes picked it up, still near the stone border.

Thanks to Jim Frank for passing on his update.

Now the question is origin. Does this species have any history of vagrancy,
or might it have arrived in somebody's bird cage? Roger mentioned that with

all the vagrants showing up at this time from far flung places, that the
odds of it being a vagrant were increased. I guess the records committee has
their

work cut out for them!

Thomas C Wood,Menomonee Falls,Waukesha County