[wisb] I need New Places Where I can Photo Birds (+ Couple of Sightings)

  • From: "Mikko Home" <mikko.viljamaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birders" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:51:00 -0600

Hi WiBi,
And all the best for everyone for 2011.

I need your help to guide me to places which are unfamiliar to me. I have had
the last week off and I have been taking photos from the various feeders around
the Fox Valley area (Green Bay, Brillion, Heckrodt etc.). Where else are there
feeders which are â??publicâ?? meaning I donâ??t have to stand on anybodyâ??s
yard in order to take photos? Also what about waterfowl; Are there any places
close by Fox Valley where a person can get rather close to take photos from
Goldeneyes, Mergansers and so on? Jefferson Park as a place is a decent one but
unfortunately all public areas are (as far as I know) on the North side which
means that the light is almost always horrible if you try to take photos.

Other than the usual birds which one can see everywhere here is a list of at
least little more unusual ones I have seen during the last few days;

Green Bay, Bay Beach WS / 1 White-throated Sparrow
Jefferson Park / 2 Hooded Mergansers + 1 Mute Swan
1000 Island / 1 Kingfisher

Thanks,

Mikko (Outagamie County)