[wisb] Re: Hummer feeding question

  • From: Marcie O'Connor <marcie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:24:03 -0500

This doesn't address which water to use - but I've found an easy way to remove
the cloudy film that gets deposited on the feeder.  I put a little - several
tablespoons - of white vinegar in the empty feeder.  Then I fill it with water
and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes.   It does a pretty good job of dissolving
that cloudy deposit.

Marcie O'Connor
Buffalo County, WI