[wisb] How Marie Read photographed Black Terns

  • From: Chuck Hagner <chagner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:50:07 -0500

Hi everyone--
I wanted to offer a public thank-you to photographer Marie Read, who graciously
agreed to my magazine's requests to tell us, in detail, about the photographic
and boating equipment she used to get the knock-out photos of nesting Black
Terns that we published in our June issue. I know lots of birdwatchers like to
photograph birds (some of you may also be able Poke Boaters), so I think it's
great she took the time describe how she worked. We published it on our blog:

How Marie Read got the photos of Black Terns you can see in our June issue
Birder's World Field of View
http://bit.ly/bfWQIS

Good birding!

Chuck Hagner