[wisb] Re: Horicon Marsh

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deeanne.mel@xxxxxxxxx, Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:17:02 -0500

DeeAnne -

I can't seem to get Google Maps to behave (more likely, I'm too
technically incompetent to know what I'm doing.)

In Google Maps, just type in Spring Green, WI and you'll see the
intersection of Hwys 23, 14 and 60.  Go north on 23 to Jones Rd. (next
road north of and parallel to Hwy 60.)  Go east on Jones Rd. about a
mile and look for the sign for the Preserve on the left (north) side of
the road.  If you switch to Satellite View, you'll immediately see the
Preserve - it's the cleared area with paths running through it.

Get there early or late in the day if you can - it's brutally hot at
midday in summer (it's "Wisconsin's Desert", after all!)

Peter Fissel
Madison WI