[wisb] Hooded warblers - FDL Co.

  • From: <jmotquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisb <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 1:17:31 +0000

Anne needed to add hooded warblers to her life list. I just wanted to see one!
Well, we definitely had success in locating five this morning.  Three were at
the corner of CTH SS and CTH GGG just east of New Prospect.  We also had two
bewteen the entrance and pet walking area parking lot of Lake Mauthe State Park
on CTH GGG.

Although we saw two birds, I'm still awaiting that still photo moment with this
species.

We also were treated to excellent looks at the 'rarest' blue-winged X golden
winged warbler hybrid.  See the box on Sibleys page 428.  This individual was
missing its wing bars, so it was even more difficult to id.  Although I don't
like to see the hybridization occurring, this was a really uniquely beautiful
bird.

Jon Motquin
Freedom, Outagmie Co.