[wisb] Re: Hooded Warbler Lake Park Milwaukee (2011 BIGBY #185)

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

I can't believe I forgot about the Hooded Warbler! I saw it yesterday (Monday)
afternoon in this same general location, towards the lake bluff part of this
ravine.

I guess I was so pumped up about my close-encounter-of-a-turkey-kind in Lake
Park that I blanked out about what I saw after that encounter!

The Hooded Warbler is species #185 on my 2011 Milwaukee walking BIGBY. (What's
a BIGBY? See: http://bit.ly/iDHq3D).

Shows how much I love turkeys. A bird already on my 2011 BIGBY list (Wild
Turkey) made me temporarily forget an interesting new addition to the list
(Hooded Warbler). :-)

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee