[wisb] Hawk in Glendale

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:32:23 -0500

This morning I walked out into my backyard with my camera to see if there
were any good birds back there. Yesterday I had seen a couple warblers of
undetermined species and a Northern Waterthrush feeding in the grass.
Immediately I saw a good sized hawk sitting on the bridge that crosses the
creek, which comes off the Milwaukee river near Kletsch Park. I thought it
was a Red-tailed Hawk because of the size, but after looking at the photos,
I?m pretty sure that isn?t the case. Here are 3 photos showing different
parts of the bird. The bird was sitting in the shade with a very bright
background, so the photos aren?t that great but you should be able to get
the idea. I?d say Cooper?s Hawk, but it seemed really big. I?d love some
feedback on this on what the ID is on this guy.
Here's a link to the photos with the same description as above;
http://photogsparks.wordpress.com/
Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County