[wisb] Re: Field sparrows on a feeder (Milwaukee Co)

  • From: Cathy <cmauer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hlkauffman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:57:04 -0500

A Junco has been feeding on suet (commercial cake) that is accessible
from my platform feeder. At first it was eating remnants that I had put
in a small dish, but now it eats from the suet cage. The commercial suet
cake has a lot of grain/nuts in it so the food itself doesn't surprise
me, but eating out of the suet cage seems odd for a Junco.

Cathy Mauer
near Medford
Taylor County