[wisb] Re: FW: Re: Waukesha Co. call ID help

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:01:27 -0500

Chris and Mike-
If you listen closely to the first recording, Chris, you can hear all the
classic E. Towhee song parts - higher "Drink", lower "your", and higher,
trilled "teeaaaa". Then a Robin kicks in with a descending higher note.

As for the second, I have to agree with most people here, Traill's
Flycatcher. I don't have enough recent experience to call it Willow or Alder
one way or another, but it "feels" more Alder-like. Which one would be more
common in the Kettle Moraine? Or is that an overlap area?

Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co.

Madison, Dane Co, WI