[wisb] Re: FRANKLIN'S GULL - Milwaukee CGI

  • From: Karen Johnson & Jim Toth <kmjrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, katiezientek111@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

I located a FRANKLIN'S GULL at around 1730, but it wasn't the same one that
Katie saw.
The bird I saw resembled a first summer plumaged gull. Not as spectacular but a
FRANKLIN'S none the less!
The westmost mudflats had 1 SCAUP and 1 WILLET.  The eastmost Impounded pond
had NORTHERN SHOVELERS, GADWALL and SCAUP.

The Flats in the midsection where the FRANKLIN'S was had been had about 50-60
CASPIAN TERNS, 3 BONIES, and a few HERRING GULLS.  When I returned to this area
at about 1800, the first summer FRANKLIN'S was gone and most of the CASPIANS
where airborne.

Have a great MAY DAY tomorrow!  I'll be at Seminary Woods EARLY!

Karen

Karen Johnson and Jim Toth

Milwaukee (SE)

BayView area