[wisb] Re: Empidonax ID? Images

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Joe Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:11:52 -0500

Hi all,
Since nobody has said anything about this bird yet: My vote is Least
Flycatcher.  Prominent eye ring, rather chunky shape and apparent short
primaries all point to Least. However, the bird does have a rather chunky
looking head. If I were in Colorado rather than WI, I might say Hammond's.
Anyone else?

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County

http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me