[wisb] Eastern Towhee

  • From: Jeff Peterson <peterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:20:00 -0500

Being a new birder, I'm reluctant to claim a siting that seems too
early or out of place. But yesterday I had as clear a look at a male
Eastern Towhee as one could ask for; it was scratching on the ground
about ten feet away from my window! As I was watching, a White-
Throated Sparrow landed about two feet away from the Towhee. (Both
were FOYs for me.) Seconds later a big hen Turkey came wandering
around the corner of the house!

Jeff Peterson
Polk County