[wisb] Re: Draining of Wangness and Harvey Rd Lake in Columbia Co

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ronbeeguy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:21:12 -0500

It's also worth pointing out that even remotely raising the idea of legal
action in this case, unless he very clearly illegally tiled, will probably
render the site useless for birders and possibly conservation, and would go
a long way to destroying our (birders') reputation in the area.
My guess as well is that the Nature Conservancy will not be interested
unless it's relatively pristine and/or harbors a variety of rare native
species. It would probably be more in the province of a local bird
conservation organization to think about dealing with the situation.

Jesse Ellis
Madison

Madison, Dane Co, WI