[wisb] Re: Draining of Wangness and Harvey Rd Lake in Columbia Co

  • From: Ron Beeguy <ronbeeguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <johnafdem@xxxxxxxxx>, <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:33:06 +0000

If the farmer is correct that the land has been farmed for all but 2 years of
the last 30, then the land is almost certainly not a "wetland," despite what it
may look like now.

That doesn't mean it isn't a loss for birds and the local ecology, but from a
legal standpoint, the farmer is probably within his rights to drain it and farm
it.