[wisb] Re: Dive-bombing Red-winged Blackbirds

  • From: DAVID SNELL <dasnell3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:25:47 -0700 (PDT)

No, just the luck of the draw that you didn't get hit! I fly fish and walk
through the woods and meadows to get to trout streams. Red-Wing Blackbirds
attack me frequently to the point that I carry my rod upright and swing it
around over myself to discourage swooping birds. It seems to me that even after
their hatch is long over, they kinda enjoy the stealth attacks.
David S.

Fox Point WI