[wisb] Re: Deterring House Sparrows from feeders/repost & update

  • From: "Cathy Gagliardi" <patcatgags@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pready@xxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:36:55 -0600

The anti-House Sparrow Halo's (or do-it-yourself monofilament line) has gotten
rave reviews from a couple of our customers at Wild Birds Unlimited also. The
one thing our customers noted, was that it works for about 1 year and then the
HOSP's are back in full force with no fear of the line.
 What they did though, was take the monofilament line down for 2-3 weeks and
let them have free rein of the feeders again... but then put it back up and the
whole fear process starts all over again.
  What a great idea Pat, making your own and all the better when it works!!
   All the best,
     Cathy