[wisb] Dead Snowy-794 Milwaukee

  • From: David Flores <flores.david84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wis birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:06:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
A dead white bird caught my eye, yesterday morning, on my way to work. It was
along the eastern wall of 794, just north of Petroleum Pier, on the north bound
side. I knew it was a snowy, but didn't want to believe it (and it is not safe
to stop and confirm the ID along an interstate), so I called my sister to keep
her eyes open for it, but I think we were both in denial. We were hoping that
it was a gull- no offense to any gulls or gull lovers on the list serve . This
morning, I drove a bit slower and knew exactly where it was. I definitively saw
the white black patterned feathers of a snowy, which my sister called me to
sadly report she saw the same.
David Flores
S.Milwaukee

"Many photographers think they are photographing nature, when they are only
caricaturing her" Ralph Waldo Emerson