[wisb] Re: Crawford Cty RFI birdseed

  • From: Dennis Kuecherer <kuechererdennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

I buy black oil at either Cedarburg feed store or the Saukville feed.  They are
up to $38 a 50 lb bag.  The bags also contain a maggot looking type crawler
about 1/4 inch long.  If they get out of your bag or trash can (whatever), they
will crawl under anything and everything, make cacoons and hatch small narrow
looking flying insects.  We are not getting the good seed.  If you get an
infestation, your going to have to lift everything to  see the bottom and use
tons of bug killing spray.  Do not know if anyone else has had this problem.
Dennis Kuecherer
Mequon