[wisb] Columbus CBC date- 12/16

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:48:46 -0600

Hey everyone,

I'm surprised there haven't been many CBC posts yet.

I am the new compiler for the Columbus CBC. I took over this year from Bob
Domagalski who ran the count previously.
As many of you know, a lot of the area around Columbus is open country.
Therefore, this CBC will be excellent for counting open-country birds such as
Longspurs, Snow Buntings and Tree Sparrows among other things.
I am currently looking to fill at least 3 vacant sections in order to
effectively cover a bare minimum of the count circle.

The Columbus CBC will be held on Thurs, Dec 16th this year. Please let me know
ASAP if you can help cover one of the sections. The more people we have, the
better!

In previous years, this count has reported to the National Audubon society. The
fee for this has, in the past, been covered by the Madison Audubon society.
This year, that will not be the case. Therefore, I will leave it up to the
field observers whether they want to pay the fee and include the results in the
National Audubon Society database. If the fee cannot be covered, then the count
will not be reported to the NAS.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)