[wisb] Columbia Co ponds this a.m.

  • From: Paul Schwalbe <p.g6schwalbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:04:37 -0600

Dear Birders:
We got to some of the ponds (most of which are still ice covered) in the
rain this morning.  On the way south west of Hagen Rd. between Cty. CS and
King Rds. (just south of Mud Lake) were the four geese species.  Lots of
Canada Geese, one Snow Goose, 49 + Greater White-fronted Geese, and several
Cackling.  Could be the same bunch Brian reported on yesterday at Priem
Rd..  A single Black Duck was with some Mallards.

At Harvey and Priem Rds., we had three Meadowlarks.

There was also one Snow, a couple of Cackling and many Canada west side of
Harvey north of Wangsness.  Horned Larks everywhere.

Good birding..................   Paul & Glenna
--
Paul & Glenna Schwalbe
Pardeeville, Columbia Co.