[wisb] Re: Chipping Sparrow question; Northern Waterthrush spotted, MKE

  • From: "Bettie R. Harriman" <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdspazz@xxxxxxxxx,"wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 05:56:30 -0500

Jennifer,

The Wisconsin Breeding Bird Atlas work found fledgling Chipping
Sparrows into the first week of September.  We had lots of fledglings
in August.  Chipping Sparrows do have a second nest 12-24% of the
time.  The fledglings you saw are a bit late, but too unexpected.

You can report this late date to the Atlas data base at:
http://www.uwgb.edu/birds/wbba/newbirddata.htm

Bettie