[wisb] Chat (Waukesha Co.)

  • From: "Mike Duchek" <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:16:50 -0500

Anne Moretti went this morning a little after 5 AM and had the chat, but I was
there around 10 AM and did not.  I know I walked past where it was and
definitely didnâ??t hear it there.  Had probably 15 other species or so in this
area though, and listen for red-headed woodpeckers here too.  Thanks again to
Matt though and Andrea for the directions.
-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.

PS:  On the drive back I stopped at the Mackie area and heard loud sounds of a
red-shouldered hawk.  Not sure if this is what it was or perhaps a blue jay
imitator, but FYI.  I also think I heard some distant broad-wingeds here.

PPS:  Coming soon, short report from SD/WY with photos.