[wisb] Cedar Waxwings - Saukville

  • From: David Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network (E-mail)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:17:43 -0600

Hi All,
   There has been a nice sized flock of Cedar Waxwings hanging around
Saukville this winter. I caught up with them this afternoon in front of the
elementary school. I'd guesstimate there were 90 - 100 of them. Between a
Cooper's Hawk scaring them off for awhile, and a lady and her dog walking
right underneath the tree where they were,....scaring them off again.....
totally oblivious to the birds but wondering what I was doing, I managed to
get some photos.  There are a dozen or so up at
http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/new_photos
Dave Freriks
Saukville WI/ SE Ohio