[wisb] Bird Calls in the Middle of the Night

  • From: Rob Pendergast <rob121092@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:39:49 -0500

I am often outside late at night and I always hear diurnal birds calling. I
know why it is though, it's always by street lights so the birds think it's
time to start calling when it's clearly not. My question is why is it always
the same 2 species a majority of the time? The 2 birds I hear most
frequently are Chipping Sparrows and Robins (I heard a Yellow Warbler last
Year). I have a feeling it has something to do with these 2 species living
in close proximity to the urban sprawl. If anyone else has a theory, please
comment.
Happy Birding,

Rob Pendergast, Plover, Portage County