[wisb] Big Year movie

  • From: "pready tds.net" <pready@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 09:32:31 -0500

I'd suggest reading the book. It is a serious account of 4 or 5
individuals that attempt the highest species count in the USA.
Very well done and a good read in my opinion. Yes they do some crazy
things and spend $$$ to get those hard to find species.
One guy maxed out 3 credit cards, his wife left him and he came in
4th. That's what they are willing to risk.
The movie looks like a comedy and perhaps love story mix. Not sure it
will portray birdwatchers any better than Jane Hathaway did back in
the 60s on the Beverly Hillbillies.
Nerdy folk that dress funny. Are we??!

Patrick Ready
Stoughton