[wisb] Banding Purple Martins

  • From: "R.D. Everhart" <everhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDBAND@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mnbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:47:21 -0500

Over the last 3 days Mark Newstrom and I have banded close to 200
young Purple Martins. This year marks the first year of a color
banding program to track birds. I have posted photos and a video clip
for anyone interested at:

http://minnesotabirdnerd.blogspot.com

We will be banding more martins until mid-July. If anyone sees color
banded Purple Martins, please record color of band and if possible
the 3 number code on the band. This info can then be reported to the
Bird Banding Lab.

Good Birding,
Roger Everhart
Apple Valley, MN