[wisb] Re: Any Indigo Buntings (?) MKE CTY

  • From: Karen Johnson & Jim Toth <kmjrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ffbirdfeeding@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

 FINALLY, I saw an INDIGO BUNTING today!  I found a cute little park in
Greenfield, WI called "Creekside Park".  It is located just south of Layton
Ave. on Loomis Rd (HWY 36).  As I was exploring it found a big black trash and
picked up all the trash I could while I was there.  That's where the INDIGO
BUNTING was.  I agree with the rest of you; they're coming late this spring.  I
was and still am worried about their status as a species!  Also at Creekside
Park:  EASTERN PHOEBE, RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD, HOUSE WREN, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT
and some GOOF BALL with a chain saw on the opposite side of the creek; that's
when I started picking up trash in hopes that he would be done soon!
Karen

P.S. "Chores" have fallen of the radar completely!  Ah, May!

Karen Johnson and Jim Toth

Milwaukee (SE)

BayView area