[wisb] Another Ashland Snowy Owl

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:15:06 -0800 (PST)

I ran downtown to do errands and committed the sin of not having binoculars. I
spotted this suspicious lump, and then ended up running home to get my
binoculars and camera. It was sitting on the small rock breakwall at the
Ashland Marina and is definitely a lighter bird than the heavily marked one
that has been seen far out on the main lighthouse breakwall.
http://www.pbase.com/image/139916203

This is at least the 4th Snowy in the immediate Ashland area, not counting
Ryan's yard bird or another in southern Ashland County.

Nick Anich
Ashland, WI