[wisb] Re: American Redstarts-rural Amherst, Portage Co

  • From: "Bettie R. Harriman" <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewbirdingwi@xxxxxxx,wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:15:16 -0500

Wyleen,

You most certainly could have nesting American Redstarts near
Amherst.  We found them nesting in every county in Wisconsin during
the Atlas work - denser in numbers away from urban settings, but
still covering the state.

And now a blatant advertisement for the Atlas book.  Most of your
questions about nesting/breeding birds in Wisconsin can be answered
in the Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Wisconsin, published by WSO in
2006.  It is still available from the WSO Bookstore.  Contact
info:  wsobookstore@xxxxxxxxxxx

Bettie Harriman
Retired (?) Atlas coordinator
Oshkosh