[wisb] Algoma Harbor, Kewaunee Co.

  • From: Cynthia Bridge <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:29:07 -0500

Stopped in Algoma on our way north today. Found 1000+ gulls on the beach near
the lighthouse. Between the beach to the south of the lighthouse and the Harbor
Motel parking lot to the north we had 41 BONAPARTE'S GULLS, 1 FRANKLIN's Gull
and 31 CASPIAN TERNS. None of the BONI's were in full breeding plumage with
most looking more winter with the cheek spot. Is this unusual for this time of
year?

Hoping to find some interesting Door Co. Birds this weekend,

Cynthia Bridge
Fort Atkinson, Jefferson co.

Sent from my iPhone####################