[wisb] AM.AVOCET IN OSHKOSH

  • From: Rockne Knuth <rockneknuth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRDN <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

While participating in the Winnebago County May Day Count that I don't even
know is happening for sure, I found an AMERICAN AVOCET on the beach in
Menominee Park.  It was feeding along the waters edge with Ring-billed and
Bonaparte's Gulls.  Far out on the water was a flock of what I would estimate
to be nearly 2000 Bonaparte's Gulls and perhaps 500 Forster's Terns.  Amazing!
Rockne Knuth
Oshkosh WI

"Perhaps it is always the destined role of the compassionate to be strangers
among men.  To fail and pass, to fail and come again."
                                                  Loren Eiseley
                                                  Unexpected Universe