[wisb] A reminder about listserv rules

  • From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 14:29:00 +0000

I haven't posted a reminder about this lately, but two messages in a row caused
me to cluck disapprovingly. Remember that all posts to Wisbirdn are required
to be appended with your first and last name, plus location (preferably
city/town and county.)

Also, while it's not a hard and fast rule, I strongly discourage the use of
four-letter banding codes. They annoy those of us who don't know them all, and
are very easily confused (I keep reading LEWO as a typo of LEOW, for example -
too many years of running Owl Surveys, I'm afraid.)

Peter Fissel

Wisbirdn Admin/Monitor Curmudgeon

Madison, Dane Co.

(where I've never seen either a LEWO or LEOW)