[wisb] 4 Parasitic Jaegers still at WI point

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

I wasn't able to make it over this weekend, but headed over to Wisconsin Point
for a little while today. At least 4 Parasitic Jaegers were out from the first
parking area between about 11 AM and 2 PM, and could be seen sitting on the
water, and occasionally making passes at gulls.

I had a single Lapland Longspur and Semipalmated Plover out on the beach by the
lighthouse, not much else going on.

I did the best I could with my digiscoping setup (not ideal for flying jaegers)
but managed a few photos.

3 jaegers in one photo:
http://www.pbase.com/nanich/image/117566487

Lucky digiscoped flight shot: