[wisb] 300+ Rusty Blackbirds - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:13:02 -0600

I stood in my Bayfield County yard this morning and watched migrants flying
south overhead. In less than two hours I had 301 Rusty Blackbirds, 259 American
Robins, 91 Purple Finches, and 33 Pine Siskins. I suspect there were far more
Purple Finches but they are tough to definitively ID in flight at long
distances. The Yellow-rumped Warbler flight appears to have petered out. I also
had a nice mixed flock of warblers and sparrows eating goldenrod seeds in my
field and among them were 4 Orange-crowneds and 2 Nashvilles. Full eBird list
is below.

Canada Goose 28
duck sp. 8
Northern Harrier 1