[wisb] Re: 3 Loon species - Washburn - PALO photo

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:48:34 -0800 (PST)

I couldn't refind the Red-throated Loon, but did manage to get an identifiable
shot of the Pacific.

http://www.pbase.com/nanich/image/139554526

Nick Anich
Ashland, WI

Subject: 3 Loon species - Washburn
From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10 AT hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:39:03 -0700
No Yellow-billed, so don't get too excited. I stopped at the Washburn coaldock
before work this morning (Bayfield Co.). Had only 3 loons total but one each of
PACIFIC, RED-THROATED, and Common Loon. The Pacific is presumably the same bird
that's been present since Oct 29. The Red-throated was a different individual
(by plumage) than the one I found on Oct 30 but probably the same as the one
Nick Anich saw on Oct 31. Both were to the north of the coaldock - scope
required. Try the higher vantage of Memorial Park if you don't see them from
the coaldock. Also present were 2 RED-NECKED GREBES and 50+ RED-BREASTED
MERGANSERS, among a few other ducks.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady