[wisb] 2 major findings tonight, Oshkosh

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

 On my walk home from work,  I couldn't find either parent falcon but I firmly
believe I actually HEARD  one !
Never ever hearing a peregrine falcon in my birding history, I think I heard
something that sounded like a cross between
a Cooper's Hawk and an osprey.  Does this sound possible?
   Then,  rounding the corner I was greeted to a FAMILY  of Screech-owls !!!!!
  Right on my street, there were 2 adults
and 3 fuzzy adult-sized kids.  Some calling was going on, including some
wheezy, begging cries.  This was truly amazing.
At my folks yesterday, the big highlight was 3 CATTLE EGRETS flying over the
water.
 Nice stuff !
  Paul Bruce, Winnebago Co.