[wisb] 100+ White-winged Crossbills - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:12:12 -0700

I had 13 White-winged Crossbills flyover my house near Washburn this morning.
Then this afternoon I had 90+ birds in four flocks on Bark Point west of
Cornucopia in far northern Bayfield County. The latter while striking out on a
search for trapped southwestern vagrants yet again. Nick Anich also had a flock
of 20 White-wingeds at Prentice Park in Ashland. A good year for redpolls and
crossbills so far.

Washburn coaldock held 1 Red-throated Loon, 2 Red-necked Grebes, 1 White-winged
Scoter, among the usuals.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady