[WinPrnDev] Install: Operation could not be completed (error 0x00003eb) - Vista SP1

  • From: "Rune Moberg" <jjflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:03:10 +0100

I needed to do some testing of my printer driver again, and wanted to
fix up the .gpd file because I believe *PrintableOrigin: shouldn't be
set.

Anyway, I then tried to reinstall my printer driver and get awarded
with this little gem:

[Window Title]
Printers

[Main Instruction]
Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb).

[OK]

I then tried to put everything back the way it was, told it to replace
the driver and... Same error.

Google turns up a few links, but none too helpful. One gentleman said
he uninstalled SP1, and was able to finish installation of the
third-party printer driver (and other printer drivers -- apparently
they were all stuck if I understood him correctly). Other responders
told the user to contact the printer vendor, which in this case is
extremely unuseful... :P

I am up a certain creek, without a paddle. Any hints would be welcome
at this stage. TIA.

--
Rune
---