[WinPrnDev] Re: How to delete system default printer forms?

  • From: christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:56:40 +0100

Ah yes, good idea.

For non-postscript drivers, if they are UniDrv based (as most inbox drvers are), you can edit the GPD files. Which are like PPD files, only for non-postscript.

Best regards,
Christoph

On 2013-02-18 19:07, Paul Tykodi wrote:
Hi Matt,

You can accomplish this task with PostScript printer drivers for Windows rather easily because they read the form sizes into the dialog from a PPD file, which is text based. For a 32 bit system, the PPD files are usually
stored in the folder C:\Windows\System32\spool drivers\w32x86\3\.

For non-PostScript drivers, I don't know of any simple methods to perform the task because the form list is usually being populated from a *.dll file. The information in these compiled binary files typically cannot be edited.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi