[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: "Clinton Bessesen" <clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:13:19 +0100

Hi Sam,
If I remember correctly. REDMON can output to stdout ( Program handles
output ). So you would need to create a little app ( C would do ), that
accepts stdin, creates a TEMPFile and then calls Ghostscript to create the
PDF ( another Temp ). This then can be "remotely sent". Technically
GhostScript can accept stdin stdout, BUT I do advise you controlling the
file creation ( if something goes wrong, you know where ) and passing
these as parameters to the PDF driver type.

Hope it helps!
Clinton
PS: I read in a previous email someone saying that Microsoft were trying
to remove sockets/ports, this I don't think will ever happen as the
spooler CORE is designed around this also CLUSTERED PRINTING only support
TCP/IP printing ( which is socket based through ports )

> That sounds like much neater. OK so the next step is to actuallly learn
> how Redmon works and modify it to launch a .Net application. I will also
> need to learn how Ghostscript works and how to convert the Postscript file
> produced to PDF, but what about naming. Does the port monitor know the
> name of the document? or will it be overwritten?
> RegardsSam
>
>> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:33:36 +0200
>> Subject: [WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver
>> From: jjflash@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > So what if I print to a redmon port (RE1) which will redirect to
>> ghostscript
>> > which produces the PDF, then print the PDF to RedMon Port 2 (RE2) and
>> the
>> > second port will print to a .NET application which was created soley
>> > upload a job.
>>
>> Or have RedMon Port 1 launch your .Net app that first spawns
>> GhostScript to do the conversion and next upload the result somewhere?
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> --
>> Rune
>> ---
>> Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
>> http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

> Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now

---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
//www.freelists.org/list/winprndev