[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:16:23 +0000

Clinton
You raise some very interesting points, the major pro that has me bias to XPS
is that it is well documented and developing a driver for it will be the path
of least resistance.But thanks to the knowledgeable people of this forum it
sees the driver isnt uploading the document but in reality its the port monitor
that does this.
And exporting it to MAC/Linex is very important so since most printers that
handle Postscript can handle PCL, I am just tempted to go down the PostScript
path. Also if a site has no printers that handle Postscript I can always just
convert them to PDF.

So maybe just write a PDF printer driver if I can but if its a steep learning
curve then a simple post script driver and let the port monitor do the
uploading for me.
I can start by supporting a generic HP PostScript driver as a first stepping
stone to get my head around the print driver world

Does that seem reasonable ?
RegardsSam

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/