[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: Rune Moberg <jjflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:46:00 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok so if it can not be done via a print driver,can I print a document
> wirelessly if the printer Itself is not part of the network a client is
> connected to. SO if i am on Network X (home nework) and my printer in the
> office (Network Y). Can i print from Network X to the PRinter on Network Y?

net use \\printerserver\someprinter /user:othernetwork\username *

...or is the printerserver behind a firewall? Can you ask them to open
up the firewall? (today's "security" thinking of pushing everyone into
using port 80 for _everything_ is extremely short sighted) Or ask them
to give you a VPN client?

I have certainly printed stuff over the 'net in the past, from
different locations. Nothing weird or strange about it. The
functionality is built into the Windows OS and has always been.

--
Rune
---